Q1: Is passport necessary?
Yes, indeed a valid passport is mandatory if anyone is interested in Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
Q2: Will my country’s sim work?
Depends upon your country’s telecom service provider. If you are Indian then Yes it will work during the Mt. Kailash Manasarovar Lake Yatra (but not on the day of Mount Kailash Parikrama), but we recommend you to activate your international roaming from your telecom service provider. If you are Nepalese then you’ll have to consult with your telecom service provider regarding this matter.
Q3: Can a couple or a single person join the group?
Yes, any number of person can take part in our group departures. We can manage it effectively
Q4: What are the different ways of travelling to Kailash?
- By road from Kathmandu to Lake Manasarovar at the bottom of Mount Kailash. Generally most people prefer this route for doing Mount Kailash Yatra.
- We have helicopter tour option for the people who are not very comfortable with road journey and cannot afford to spend weeks in Yatra. In this tour first we use aircraft flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then to Simikot. And from Simikot we have helicopters which we use to travel to Hilsa. Then the rest of the journey to Mansarovar is from Landcruisers.
- Lhasa tour option in which we use China Air to take a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa and along the way we will visit various beautiful towns in Tibet like Prayang, Shigatse, Lhatse, Gyantse, etc. and will reach manasarovar.
- While returning back, we have three options :
- drive to Lhasa and fly back to Kathmandu
- drive to Hilsa and take Helicopter and aircraft to Kathmandu
- drive to Kathmandu from Kodari Border which is also known as Friendship Bridge.
Q5: Do we need to perform medical examinations before this Yatra?
For Kailash Manasarovar Yatra medical examination is very crucial. We recommend you to get a medical examination with your personal doctor before this Mt. Kailash Yatra. We advice you to not take part in this Yatra if anyone have severe Asthma, back problems and dust allergies.
Q6: Will the food be healthy during this Yatra?
Yes, without doubt. We maintain hygiene in our cooking. For breakfast we serve energy providing beverages like horlicks, bournvita, complan along with coffee or tea. There is cornflakes, porridge, pakoras, bread with butter or jams in the menu as well. And for Lunch and Dinner we serve on the scenic spots and campsite respectively.
Q7: Which is the best time to go on the Yatra?
Weather around Tibet area is very unpredictable. We recommend you to take this Yatra during the month between May to September.