Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour 2019Ngri, Tibbet
Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour is likely for those who are looking to travel via Lhasa and visit together cultural heart of Tibet. In Lhasa guided sightseeing tour takes you to explore major highlighted spots of around including renowned Potala Place, Sera Monastery, Jokhang Temple, Norbulingka summer place of Dalai Lama and Tibetan traditional Bharkhor market.
“I had the opportunity to go for Holy Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour with Kailash Holiday Pvt. Ltd. Entire Kailash Holiday team was very co-operative and their service was excellent. All the travelers were greatly pleased with their hospitality. I suggest you to choose Kailash Holiday for organizing your Kailash tour and enjoy a comfortable and memorable Journey.”– Ravi D'souza
Ex. Indian Army
Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour is likely for those who are looking to travel via Lhasa and visit together cultural heart of Tibet. In Lhasa guided sightseeing tour takes you to explore major highlighted spots of around including renowned Potala Place, Sera Monastery, Jokhang Temple, Norbulingka summer place of Dalai Lama and Tibetan traditional Bharkhor market. Probably it is the best way for acclimatization halt day for further safe journey to the Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake. After this outstanding tour in Lhasa city onward tour will be commenced passing via various cultural prosperous towns of nomad land.
Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour follows long days of overland journey you will arrive at shore of beautiful Mansarovar Lake and there you will halt a day to explore surrounding wonders. After enjoying awe-inspiring day at Mansarovar Lake, further KORA (circuit) will be started. All together three days of challenging hike will bless you as an ultimate journey of lifetime to be enlightened. Then our overland journey again continues towards the borderland of Nepal – Tibet to end the trip.
Max Altitude 5648 m
Final Dest Tibet
Starts From Kathmandu
Ends At Kathmandu
No. of Days 15
Activities Per Day
May, Jun, July, Aug
Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour Itinerary outline
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu (1400m)
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, our team member will meet you at the Tribhuvan International airport then transfer to Hotel. Evening, dinner & tour orientation. Overnight at Hotel (Room on twin sharing basis)
Day 02: Kathmandu city Sightseeing: Activities
After having breakfast we will visit Pashupatinath temple, Buddhanath (Buddhist stupa) and Budhanilkantha temple (sleeping Vishnu). Lunch at hotel, then you are free for your tour preparation. In the evening at 5.00 PM we will gather for short briefing program with money exchange & down jacket, Duffel bag and Hat activity. Overnight at Hotel (Room on twin sharing basis)
Day 03: Fly To Gonggar Airport – 1 hr. & Drive to Lhasa (3650 M/11972ft) – 90 KM/ 45 mins.
Today morning after breakfast in hotel, we will transfer to the airport for one of world’s wonderful flight to Lhasa, as it provides sweeping views of Everest (8848 m), Kanchenjunga (8536m) and other Himalayan peaks. Upon arrival, you will be received by our Tibetan guide at the airport and transfer to Lhasa with a drive of approx. 1 hour. We advise you to rest and take it easy for the remainder of the day due to Lhasa altitude. Overnight at Hotel (Room on twin sharing basis)
Day 04: Rest Day or Sightseeing in Lhasa (3650 M/11972ft)
Today will be acclimatization day in Lhasa. We will have sightseeing tour of Lhasa city through the assistance of our Tibetan guide in the major attraction of Lhasa such as Potala Palace – a UNESCO World Heritage celebrated for its priceless treasury of Buddhist artifacts and bejeweled tombs of past Dalai Lamas also the tallest building in the world for 200 years following its construction in 1645. Jokhang Temple followed by Barkhor Markets – a lively road lined with vendors where you can sample the smells and sounds of Tibet, or browse through the hangkas, masks, prayer beads and countless other treasures inherent to Tibetan custom and tradition. Overnight at Hotel (Room on twin sharing basis)
Day 05: Lhasa to Shigatse (3900m/12792 ft) – 275 Km / 5 hrs.
We will travel along the Friendship Highway through northern route to Shigatse, the second largest city of Tibet. Tashilhunpo Monastery is the highlight of Shigatse, as it is one of the largest functioning monasteries in Tibet. This monastery is the residence of Panchen Lama which is built in 1447. This is a huge monastery with its own streets, housing sectors, plazas, back alleys and complex of temples and halls. If we have enough time you can explore yourself. Overnight at Hotel (Room on twin sharing basis)
Day 06: Drive Shigatse to Saga (4400 M.) – 450 Km / 7 hrs.
After having early morning breakfast, we begin extensive destination towards our ultimate trip to Kailash. The finest highway drive to Saga is really scenic and enjoyable. You will pass some high passes and landscape view of some town and villages with lakes on the way. Reaching Saga, you will be distributed the room key through our tour for refresh & rest. In the meantime, our staff team will serve tea / coffee and dinner prepare by our cook. Overnight at Hotel twin or triple sharing room with attached bathroom
Day 07: Drive, Saga to Lake Manasarovar (Chiu Gompa) (4550 M.) – 480 Km / 8 hrs.
Today is the highlighted day of this journey. You will wake up very early in the morning and have breakfast. We are going to reach the holy Lake “Manasarovar & Mt. Kailash” which is our ultimate goal. On the way, we will be driving through the highest motorable pass of this journey (Mayum-La; 5200 m.). Lunch will be served somewhere near Horchu River, before the Mayum-La pass. Today we will make Parikrama of Lake Manasarovar by 70% of its circular and stay overnight in Chiu Gompa camp. Dinner & overnight stay will be at guesthouse near the shore of Lake Manasarovar.
Day 08: Lake Manasarovar & Then Drive to Darchen (4663 M) – 40 Km / 1 hr.
Today you will have plenty time for Puja / Hawan and holy bath in Lake Manasarovar. You will have breakfast in the morning and take lunch in the afternoon then we will drive to Darchen, the base camp of Mt. Kailash where we will stay an overnight in order to prepare for trekking around Mt. Kailash.
Day 09: Drive to Sherson (11 Km / 30 Min) & Star Trek to Deraphuk (4920 M.) – 18 Km / 5 hrs.
Morning after breakfast we will drive to Sherson near Yama Dwar. From Yama Dwar, we will start trekking to Deraphuk (north face of Kailash). Today trekking will be moderate walk with flat trails and gradual up following Glacier River alongside. On the mid way, we will stop for a pack lunch. Then continue slight uphill trek to Diraphuk camp with beautiful glimpse of north face of Mt. Kailash. Overnight at Guesthouse – dormitory room
Day 10: Trek Shiva Sthal – Gaurikund – Zuthulphuk (4820 M.) – 22 Km / 9 hrs.
This is the toughest day of parikrama. The journey starts from going uphill till to Dolma-La pass (5600 m.) then continue descending to the valley floor, the other side of Dolma-la pass. Dropping down from high pass, you will be lucky to site beautiful holy lake – Gauri Kunda at the right side underneath of hill. After continue descending valley, you will cross short glacier path and then will stop for lunch break. Then continue easy walk on flat trail but tedious with feel of similar landscape around and never ending. The last leg of the journey is along with the River Bank, up to Zutulphuk. The highlight of the day are Shivasthal, Dolma-La and Gaurikund which are on the way. Overnight at Guesthouse – dormitory room
Day 11: End Trek (11 Km / 3 hrs.) and Drive to Saga (4400 M) – 460 Km / 7 hrs.
Today’s trail is easy & flat, so you will complete the journey within 2 to 3 hours. We will be picked up at the ending point near Darchen by our vehicle, then transferred to Darchen, here you will get lunch and continue to Saga along with all group members. You will have last opportunity to view Lake Manasarovar on the way. We will be drop off at Manasarovar bus stand by Green Bus of Ngari region and will shift to our private bus from Lhasa. Then our journey will retrace back through same way. Overnight at Hotel – twin or triple sharing room with attached bathroom
Day 12: Return Back to Shigatse – 450 Km / 7 hrs.
Return back Shigatse via the same route. Overnight at Hotel – twin sharing room with attached bathroom
Day 13: Drive Back to Lhasa – 270 Km / 5 hrs.
Today you will drive back to Lhasa through northern highway route. Overnight at Hotel – twin sharing room with attached bathroom
Day 14: Fly Back To Kathmandu
The last day in Tibet, we will be transfer to Lhasa airport after breakfast in the hotel. With our sweet memory, our guide will see off us from Lhasa airport. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, our transportation will transfer to the hotel in Kathmandu and be refresh and relax. Overnight at Hotel (room on twin sharing basis)
Day 15: Departure
Transfer to international airport in Kathmandu for your flight back home 3 hours before your flight.
|Day||15 Days Yatra With Deluxe Hotel at KTM/Lhasa|
|Tour Cost||INR.2, 75,000 /2,550 USD / Per Person|
Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour Cost Includes
- Three nights Deluxe hotel/Standard on twin sharing in Kathmandu with vegetarian meals in AP basis
- Deluxe hotel/Standard in Lhasa & Shigatse and Saga with all vegetarian meals in Veg. restaurant (outside).
- Basic guesthouses in Kailash region with all vegetarian meals cooked by our Nepali support team
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu & in Lhasa
- Half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu – Lhasa – Kathmandu flight ticket (subject to change as per availability)
- All Tibet travel permits for Lhasa, Shigatse & Kailash Manasarovar
- Tibet group visa
- Transportation in Tibet by Luxury Bus (Lhasa – Lake Manasarovar – Lhasa)
- Tour around Lake Manasarovar By Eco friendly Bus (Lake Manasarovar – Darchen – Lake Manasarovar)
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- One Tour Manager for entire journey
- Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas from Nepal)
- All necessary Kitchen & camping equipment
- Yaks & Yak men during the Kailash Parikrama to carry foods
- Oxygen & Medical First Aid kit for emergency use
- All Current Govt. applicable taxes & service charge
Tibet Lhasa Kailash Tour Cost Excludes
- Nepal entry visa fee for NRIs
- International air ticket to Kathmandu & return from your home town
- Horse and Porter cost will be extra for walking Parikrama of Kailash Yatra cost find below down:-
- Horse Cost INR:-29,000 to 30,000/-(Yuan – 3000) per persons
- Helper Cost INR:-8,000 to 9,000/- (Yuan: – 900) per person
- Monuments fees for sightseeing in Lhasa or Shigatse
- Your travel insurance
- Insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation service
- Personal expenses
- Bottled drinks
- Ashtapad Darshan (Govt. prohibited this trip if permitted can arrange by walk)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival from Kailash
- Extra accommodation charge in Lhasa, Shigatse & in any places of Kailash region due to any reason like sickness, rescue, natural calamities besides tour itinerary
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity, emergency evacuation, flight delay, flight cancellation or any unforeseen circumstances.
- Tips for tour leader,
- Tibetan guide, Sherpa staff & driver
- Horse and porter cost fully dependent on China Govt.
- Payment: Initial Booking amount Rs 35,000/ – only ( Non-refundable) along with the copy of passport
- Foreign Passport Holders: 550 US$ extra charge towards China visa & Nepal visa and taxes.
- This Cost fully dependent on the dollar exchange rate and China Govt.
- Net Payable Group Joining Price (Minimum 17 PAX Group Required)
- Eatables:- Bringing your favorite snacks are highly recommended like biscuits, khakras, dry Indian sweets, dry fruits, precooked foods chocolates etc. Puja Samagri – As per your tradition.
|Kathmandu||Hotel Shangri-la 5 star or Similar|
|Lhasa||Hotel Brahmaputra 5 star or Similar|
|Shigatse||Hotel Gesar or similar|
|Saga||Hotel Saga or Similar (attached bathroom|
|Chiugompa||Paramartha Guesthouse or similar (dormitory)|
|Darchen||Hotel Himalaya (triple room with attached bathroom)|
|Diraphuk||Guesthouse (Basic dormitory)|
|Zuthulphuk||Guesthouse (Basic dormitory)|
Need Travel Support ?
If you are interested to be on this tour this year, let us know as soon as you can. Once tickets are issued we will be collecting 70% of total tour cost from each who cancel the trip! So, before booking think twice Rajkumar Malla